EIGHT THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT KEVIN
1. While fads and trends come and go, he has always been loyal to film for his wedding and portrait work. The organic quality of film complements his fine art style of photography.
2. He is married to a passionate and talented floral artist, Nancy Liu Chin. Together, their joint businesses are known as In Focus In Bloom. They live with their dog Chin-Chin in an artist loft in the SOMA area of San Francisco.
3. A loyal San Francisco Giant’s fan since he was a kid, he remembers those days of astro-turf and cold windy evenings at Candlestick Park. During the 2010 season, his dreams came true as the Giant’s finally won their first World Series in San Francisco.
4. Clients worldwide have commissioned him to photograph weddings in such locations as Thailand, Italy, France, Mexico and Peru.
5. Some of his favorite films include Chungking Express, Lost In Translation, and any James Bond film (with Sean Connery of course).
6. He photographed his first wedding at the age of 16 and earned $50.00. His prices have gone up a bit since.
7. He prides himself on dressing like a gentleman, appreciates fine Cuban cigars, and he can’t live without Philz or Blue Bottle coffee.
8. As a self-taught photographer, he feels the best education comes from living life to the fullest and never having regrets. If you live your life with passion, you will succeed at whatever you do.